Saturday, February 2, 2013

Truth be told: Dual phone is not the way to go!


Commentary: -   Of late I've done post on OS most probably, desktop OS. Am yet to focus my blog-posts  with serious sentiments on Android, maybe few on that. It's not I haven't been at par with Android, No, In-fact my first phone was once an Android device before i paved way to iOS. Today on a blog post, most particularly , on comments someone just made it clear that a dual OS phone won't surpass the market. I guess he's going real on this, apparently an auditor through twitter conversation confirmed the same "dual OS device isn't going strong neither today or in the future". My bet is perfectly inclined on this same knot. Android devices, for long howl rather 7 yrs down the line have shown best for developers, aiming at least 70,000+ developers while 30% of first ¾ made an imminent port for blackberry support. Slash gearing occasion since the start of Android have bow smiles to many developers across the globe, but achieving dream on how to focus on dual booting operation has seemingly laid grieve to many programmers. I don't & in anyway going hard on android developments scheme but what angers me most is trying to decode bunch of numerics & binaries only to out-stand dual operation on Android devices. I've tried a couple of times gathering ROM's binary expanders with hopes to succeed with excellent dual boot on both Sony Ericsson & samsung galaxy note II but it all went clenching my dreams in vain. With other devices, I'll rather say, I  succeeded & working out to completion has been very successful especially in my country Kenya where many are still embracing low-level entry android devices like the Samsung galaxy mini, galaxy pocket & huawei's 1st test run, Ideos phone. I've managed installing 3x3 ROM expanders each entailing an ice leak of 2>4000 binaries that still support previous clockwork modes of the current Rom's manager application. Of course they run seemingly perfect but then, with no technical know how, automatically redounds to a total crash. It's again on pints that 2% of developers still want to cut a record with effects that not even 2/3 show happiness to this very kind of project. I now know many of you are thinking of throwing stones at me but what am putting forward it's all fact. Why shouldn't  Android be android while iOS remain to be iOS ? Programmers have really drilled on ways to make this dream come true but it's bending gears across the elite who need to gain victory in this. I can vividly remember when I used to see my dad utilize Macintosh in those old golden days where dual booting 2 sequential OS (Macintosh & Linux) was the only way out to favor my endurance on the keyboard but then, gave glitches that ended up quartering new BIOS & re-editing all again to continue offering support of the two. It's the same way here when I tried blending two different ROM expanders only to see each & every android device booting with a gorgeous smile with the android animated robot taking the splash screen. It's again insane for a developer like I mandate to squid extensive binaries only to crash the system after a couple of tries.



Who knows though? I could be analyzing at cross-roads? Do you think the dual OS phone is really a possibility? Leave your opinion in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. No,the dual OS would be rather be inefficient and complicated having experienced the working capability and considering the fact that OS not changing any time soon.Let android stick to being android.

    ReplyDelete